What's the first thing the Department of Labor asks for in an audit? An employee handbook. What's the first think a plaintiff's attorney demands in an employee/employer dispute, an employee handbook. Can you afford not to have an up-to-date, and most importantly, legally prepared state specific employee handbook?
At myHRcounsel, we know that having an up-to-date employee handbook is one of the key items a company needs to keep its company in compliance. Our attorneys monitor the many changes in federal, state and local laws to make sure the employee handbook we create for you is up-to-date and legally compliant.
There are many topics to cover in an employee handbook, which with a well defined legally compliant and state specific handbook is the best way to protect the company and be compliant. Some of these include:
- Meal and Rest Periods
- Definitions of full and part-time employees
- Dress and grooming codes
- Drug testing and policies
- Compensation and benefits
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Retirement plans
- Performance evaluations
- Discipline and termination
As a subscriber of myHRcounsel, in a streamlined process you will receive a legally prepared employee handbook. Whether you are in one state or multiple states, myHRcounsel creates a legally compliant handbook for your company. For more information, click below on myHRcounsel's Handbook Process.
To sign up myHRcounsel, which also includes unlimited access to our employment attorneys, premium employment documents, and more, click on "Subscribe" below.
- $1.00 PEPM, Min. $50/mo (1 year term)
- Legally completed employee handbook & updates
- Unlimited access to employment lawyers
- Access to hundreds of employment law documents & templates
- 24/7 HR/employment law advice
- Legally completed employment documents
- Access to employment law checklists & updates